Saturday 13 August 2022

"Have Palette, Will Travel" - Hastings by Moonlight

Some years ago Cristiana and I had a lovely holiday in Hastings. Although I have not completed many 'moonlight' paintings they are some of my favourite works, especially the eerie night scenes of Samuel Palmer. With this painting, 'Hastings by Moonlight' (on show in the exhibition "Have Palette, Will Travel") I used my artistic licence to paint in the daytime and add the moonlight after!

Hastings by Moonlight. Watercolour & Gouache, size 595 x 400mm (framed and mounted) £495

Below is another of my moonlight works (though not on show in this exhibition as it has sold).

'New Moon, New City' - sold

“Have Palette, Will Travel

The Gallery Space – West Greenwich Library

West Greenwich Library, 146 Greenwich High Road, SE10 8NN. Tel: 020 8858 4289

Monday 15th August - Saturday 17th September 2022

Special dates: “Meet the Artist” Saturday 27th August 2 – 4pm

No comments:

Post a Comment